Today’s flat-screen TVs with their low TV speakers have made purchasing a soundbar a complementary tool to enhance the audio quality and listen to our favorite music enjoyably.
A soundbar is an all-in-one TV sound speaker that enhances the sound, gives additional features, and can easily be adjusted with the TV.
With a wide array of soundbars, you can buy in the market ranging from a few hundred dollars to a few thousand dollars, it is indeed a hassle to find one that will strike a perfect balance between the price and performance.
Table of Contents
4 Best Soundbars Under 400 Bucks
Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar
- Easy setup with HDMI or Optical cable and automatic subwoofer connection.Waterproof : No
- Wireless subwoofer for deep bass and flexible placement. Center unit-36-5/8 × 2-1/2 × 4-1/4 inches, Subwoofer-7-1/2 × 16-1/2 × 16 inches
- Clear voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Alexa built-in for voice control of your sound bar, playing music, listening to news, setting alarms and timers, asking questions, controlling smart home devices, and more
- With Alexa, playing music is as simple as asking for a song, artist, or genre from Amazon music and more
This soundbar is a 2.1-channel entry-level soundbar that combines a subwoofer and includes DTS Virtual: X technology.
A strong emphasis has been on sound performance as each of the 2 front-firing speakers which are composed of a 2.5cm tweeter and a 6cm woofer.
It is an amazing up-gradation to your home theatre systems as it enhances the sound quality to a great extent as it has the subwoofer included in it.
The built-in audio detection technology of Alexa just makes this soundbar even smarter and the small remote control allows the user to do voice control. Check the soundbars under $500 here.
Yamaha has used the minimalist approach while designing this soundbar with a black fabric grille and curved edges along with a matt top.
You can also enjoy various voice modes like the Game, sports, TV Programs, music, and movie along with a stereo mode, clear voice feature, and bass extension mode to enhance the voice in movies.
Yamaha’s soundbar is an excellent one in this low-priced category as they have improved the sound performance to a substantial extent and the integration of Amazon Alexa in place of the MusicCast multiroom audio system is an excellent feature.
- Amazon Alexa
- Beautiful minimalist design
- 1 HDMI input
- No multiroom music feature
Samsung 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650/ZA
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED - Wireless subwoofer is included so you can enjoy deep bass right out of the box All-in-one.Mounting Type:Freestanding, Wall Mount.Speakers maximum output power:300 watts.Total usb ports:1
- BASS BOOST - Give your bass an instant boost with the push of a button on the soundbar
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE - Enhanced audio tracking for your content in real time, with technology that equalizes background music and consistent volume control
- BLUETOOTH TV CONNECTION - Set up is a breeze. Easily connect your soundbar to your TV by connecting wirelessly
- GAME MODE - Boost your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the action on-screen and crosstalk cancellation that minimizes distractions
Samsung’s Premium Soundbar is designed to deliver a richer and room-filling cinema-like sound even without the presence of a subwoofer.
This soundbar has 9 speakers which have dedicated amps that make the experience of the sound richer and room-filling without the need for a subwoofer. This elegantly designed soundbar has precise speaker control along with Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity making this one of the best soundbar under 400.
It also allows users to do music streaming from their phones/tablets through the Samsung Multiroom App. It has the option of MicroUSB, HDMI ports, USB Connectivity, digital Optical port, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and 5mm input.
The soundbar has the capability of predicting the distortion and cancels it out even before it happens as the multi-speaker controls the depth and power of the bass by coordinating precisely with the movement of each speaker.
It is wall-mountable that has high-quality brackets for placing it on the wall. The interface is pretty simple and easy to control along with a fantastic bass even without the presence of subwoofers. These all features sum up to make this soundbar a premium one in Samsung’s lineup of speakers.
One drawback of the soundbar is that it goes off after 5 minutes of idle time which makes it a bit non-convenient to make it functional.
- Wi-Fi and Bluetooth Connectivity
- 9 Speakers
- Automatically turns off after 5 minutes of idle time
Samsung HW-S60B 3.1ch Soundbar
- Dolby Atmos / DTS Virtual:X: Elevate your favorite content; Dolby Atmos creates realistic 3D sound by projecting it from all around you, including from above, while DTS Virtual: X expands your listening experience without having to add extra speakers*
- TRUE 3.1ch SOUND: Enjoy a cinematic audio experience, with 3 channels, 1 subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels combined to put you at the center of the action
- Q-SYMPHONY: Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive audio floods your room all at once, using every speaker in compatible Samsung TV and soundbars**
- ADAPTIVE SOUND: Enjoy dynamically optimized audio with enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action-packed games and blockbuster films
- GAME MODE: Optimize your gaming experience with synced, directional audio that moves with the onscreen action and eliminates distractions***
The Samsung HW-S60B 3.1ch Soundbar is a popular audio solution under $400 for home entertainment systems.
Its sleek design and powerful audio performance have become a favorite among consumers looking for an immersive audio experience.
It is a premium sound system that offers high-quality audio in a sleek and compact design.
This soundbar is a perfect addition to any modern home entertainment system, providing crystal clear sound and powerful bass that will enhance the overall movie and music experience.
- Sleek Design
- Powerful Audio Performance
- Versatile Connectivity Options
- Limited Bass Performance
- No Wireless Subwoofer
The Samsung HW-S60B 3.1ch Soundbar is a great choice for those looking for a sleek and powerful audio solution for their home entertainment system.
You may want to consider other soundbar options if you are looking for a budget-friendly solution with a powerful bass performance.
Bose Smart Soundbar 300
- Like no other: This elegant sound bar for TV, movies, music, and games delivers spacious sound, exceptional clarity, and rich bass, while finished in matte-Black with seamless metal grille.
- Acoustic performance: 5 full-range drivers deliver wide, clear sound, which makes it the perfect soundbar for TV, movies, games, and more.
- Built-in Alexa: Amazon Alexa and Google Assistant are built into this smart soundbar for hands-free voice control. And a noise-rejecting mic system listens in every direction for your voice.
- TV voice control: Exclusive Bose Voice for Video technology expands your Alexa capabilities, allowing you to control this smart soundbar, your TV, and your cable,satellite box with 1 voice command.
- Connectivity: Pair your device to this wireless soundbar to stream your favorite music and more via a Bluetooth connection, your home Wi-Fi network, Apple AirPlay 2, or Spotify Connect.
The Bose Smart Soundbar 300 is a high-quality soundbar that has gained popularity for its sleek design, Alexa voice control, and Bluetooth connectivity.
This soundbar is an excellent choice for anyone looking to enhance the audio quality of their TV, music, or any other audio source. This article will review the Bose Smart Soundbar 300 and discuss its pros and cons.
The Bose Smart Soundbar 300 Soundbar is a high-quality audio system that offers immersive and powerful sound in a sleek and compact design.
This soundbar is the perfect addition to any modern home entertainment system, delivering crystal clear sound and deep bass that will bring your music and movies to life.
- Alexa Voice Control
- Bluetooth Connectivity
- Sleek Design
- No Subwoofer
- Limited Sound Customization
The Bose Smart Soundbar 300 is a high-quality soundbar with many excellent features, such as Alexa voice control and Bluetooth connectivity.
If you are looking for a soundbar that will provide excellent sound quality and easy-to-use features, the Bose Smart Soundbar 300 is worth considering.
Having a budget of $400 gives you plenty of options to choose the best soundbar that will provide you with good sound quality, wireless surround sound system, remote control, virtual surround system, various connectivity options Wi-Fi/ Bluetooth connectivity, and built-in speaker facility of Alexa.
These soundbars are an excellent device to upgrade your existing TV sound quality by just spending a few hundred dollars. For a big budget, read our review of soundbars under $1000.
Some smart soundbars are even under the budget of $400 if it is high for you and will give you a variety of options where you will have to trade-off between price and performance for the soundbar.
The Best Soundbar under 400 – Frequently Asked Questions
What’s the best soundbar for the money?
The best soundbar for the money is the Samsung 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650/ZA since it gives great value in terms of features for the money it cost to buy it.
What is the best soundbar under $400?
The best soundbar available for under $400 is the 3.0 Sound+ Premium Soundbar HW-MS650/ZA since it gives almost all the features that a high-end soundbar gives and that too under the budget of $400.
What is the best soundbar for music?
The best soundbar for music is the Yamaha Audio YAS-209BL Sound Bar since it uses 2.1 channel technology and has various sound modes for specific purposes like sport, music, news, etc. that enhance the sound level according to the category chosen.
What Hi-Fi Best soundbar in 2023?
The best Hi-fi soundbar in 2023 is the Yamaha YAS 207 soundbar since it gives outstanding sound performance and is easy to set up and is available for around $300.