It has been a while since soundbars have been in the spotlight – but they are here to stay. They’ve always been an affordable and convenient way to get better audio from your TV, but now they’re getting more advanced features.
Nowadays, you can find soundbars with built-in subwoofers for fuller sound or models that wirelessly connect to streaming services like Spotify. With all these options, it’s no wonder why consumers are flocking back towards this once-forgotten component of home entertainment systems. The top nine best soundbar brands are listed here. Browse through the list to find out which one will fit your needs!
- YOUR FAVORITE CONTENT NEVER FELT THIS DEEP: Bose Smart Ultra Soundbar with Dolby Atmos and Voice Control is top-of-the-line wireless speaker, surround sound system for TV and so much more
- DOLBY ATMOS SOUNDBAR: TV soundbar features Dolby Atmos and Bose TrueSpace technology which separates sounds and places them in different parts of a room for an immersive spatial audio experience
- ULTRA-CRISP DIALOGUE CLARITY: A.I. Dialogue Mode balances voice and surround sound for ultra-crisp vocal clarity, so you never miss what your favorite characters say again with this surround sound speaker
- YOU NEVER HEARD IT LIKE THIS: With six transducers, including two custom-engineered upward firing dipole speakers, it will feel like your space is filled with sound from every direction, even overhead
- VOICE CONTROL AT YOUR COMMAND: Control your entertainment, daily tasks and access information using your voice with Amazon Alexa
- FULL IMMERSION FOR ALL ENTERTAINMENT: Smart Soundbar 600 is a Dolby Atmos soundbar that also features proprietary TrueSpace technology and two upward firing transducers to deliver shockingly immersive sound for all your movies, TV shows, and music
- TRUESPACE ELEVATES IT ALL: No matter what you’re watching, Bose TrueSpace technology intelligently analyzes signals other than Dolby Atmos, like stereo or 5.1, and upmixes them to create an immersive multi-channel sound experience
- PACKED WITH TECHNOLOGY: The acoustic architecture squeezes 5 speakers (including 2 upward firing) into a small, 27.5” wide soundbar to spread sound across the room: horizontally left and right, forward, and overhead
- WIRELESS SOUNDBAR FOR STREAMING: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Chromecast built-in compatibility let you stream content anyway you want
- TOTAL CONTROL: Amazon Alexa voice control is built in. Or you can access Works With Google Assistant capabilities with a compatible Google device. There’s also the included remote control and the Bose Music app for quick access to your music
Top 9 Best Soundbar Brands
Located in Irvine, California, Vizio was founded in 2002. The company has been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies many times since then and it’s not hard to see why when their products are considered top quality.
In 2012, they were named #3 on BusinessWeek’s list “The Best Small Companies In America.” Vizio sound bars have earned numerous awards from CNET and Wirecutter for being innovative while maintaining a reasonable price point.
- Low-Profile Modern Design - Clean silhouettes, subtle textures, and matte finishes seamlessly blend into any environment.
- Powerful Performance - Brilliant clarity, thunderous bass, and Dolby Audio and DTS Digital Surround support combine for performance beyond its size.
- Simple Setup, Streaming & Control - Get setup and listening in minutes with HDMI ARC and Bluetooth connectivity for unparalleled ease of use, control, and access to your content.
- 5.1-Channel Sound - Experience a powerful room-filling, surround sound experience.
- 6 Total Speakers - Full-range drivers deliver coherent sound and brilliant clarity.
- America's #1 Sound Bar* - VIZIO has been filling homes with truly immersive audio for over 10 years, and our sound bars just keep getting better. We are proud to provide our customers with top-tier audio products that bring movies, shows, podcasts, music, and more to life like never before. (*#1 Sound Bar Brand in 1H 2022 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, U.S., based on units, Jan. - June 2022 combined.)
- Ultra-Compact 2.0 Design - Experience the performance of larger, more complex home theater systems in a simple, ultra-compact solution designed fit anywhere and blend seamlessly into any environment.
- Bold Performance - Experience rich, clear sound with up to 91dB of total SPL output for performance that belies its size.
- Essential Connectivity & Control - Get setup and listening in seconds with the included cables plus Bluetooth connectivity for wireless streaming of your favorite music and podcasts.
- 2.0-Channel Sound - Experience a powerful room-filling, true stereo experience ideal for movies, music, and gaming.
Headquartered in Suwon, South Korea, Samsung is a multinational conglomerate company that deals with a variety of electronic goods including home appliances and smartphones.
Their TVs have been around long before soundbars came onto the market but Samsung has made sure their wireless speaker counterparts have just as much of a presence in today’s market.
- DTS VIRTUAL:X: Expand your listening experience; DTS Virtual: X creates spacious 3D sound putting you at the center of the action for an elevated and immersive home theater experience
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED: Get that big boom with our included subwoofer; Bring home intense sound with rich, powerful bass; Elevate the action and take things to the next level
- BASS BOOST: Bass you can boost with a tap; Feel the depth of distant thunder as your listening experience is taken to another level; Tap the button Feel the power
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy all your favorite video content with dynamically optimized audio and enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action packed games and blockbuster films
- GAME MODE: Optimize your gaming experience with perfectly synced directional audio that moves with the onscreen action; Game Mode eliminates distractions so you can hear better and play harder
- ALL-IN-ONE: Everything you need in a single soundbar with two woofers and tweeters built in, so you can enjoy rich sound that will fill your room
- DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 / DTS VIRTUAL:X: Dolby Digital 5.1 capable creates realistic surround sound by projecting it from all around you, while DTS Virtual: X expands your listening experience without having to add extra speakers
- Q-SYMPHONY: Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive audio floods your room all at once, using every speaker in compatible Samsung TV and soundbars*
- BUILT-IN CENTER SPEAKER: The built-in center speaker is dedicated to delivering enhanced dialogue, so you won't miss a word, no matter how faint the conversation or how intense the background music or action is
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy dynamically optimized audio with enhanced voice clarity so you can follow along with action-packed games and blockbuster films
This Japanese company has been in business for over 100 years starting as Nippon Gakki Co., Ltd. in 1887. Since the beginning, Yamaha has sold products like pianos and organs to their consumers while constantly improving sound technology along with it.
Their line of home audio equipment includes receivers, amplifiers, speakers, turntables, and more (and they’re usually affordable).
- Built-in subwoofer and passive radiators for surprising bass
- Clear Voice for enhanced dialogue clarity
- Bluetooth streaming for your music and podcasts
- Simple setup with HDMI, optical or aux connections
- Wall-mountable with built-in keyholes
- Meet the SR-C30A compact sound bar with compact subwoofer: a compact duo that strives to fit in, not stand out. The sound bar measures a mere 23” wide and the wireless compact subwoofer can be positioned vertically or horizontally for endless placement possibilities.
- We know size matters. But we’re not sacrificing sound. The C30 is packed with virtual 3D surround sound, Clear Voice and Adaptive Low Volume technologies inside a footprint made for versatility.
- The SR-C30A has 4 sound modes to match your content and your mood: Standard, Stereo, 3D Movie and Game. 3D Movie creates realistic virtual surround sound. Game mode makes your video games sound amazing and is tuned for near-field listening .
- Bluetooth streaming makes the SR-C30A perfect for your music and podcasts
- No worries with simple setup via HDMI, optical or aux connections
Sony is another tech giant that started off producing electronic goods like TVs and radios then grew into something much bigger when they began experimenting with new technologies like CDs and DVDs in the 1980s/90s which eventually led them to become one of the major developers of the Blu-Ray technology probably best known for their PlayStation gaming systems.
Sony is the leading brand in the budget home audio market with affordable soundbars to match their affordability.
- Straight from the theater to your home: easy set-up, built-in tweeter, 2-ch speaker with simple Bluetooth connection
- Deep sound with Bass Reflex speaker
- High power with a slim design that matches any room and is perfect for small living spaces
- Voice enhancement feature is great for TV content with hushed dialogue, or to make conference call participants easier to hear
- Easy TV set up with HDMI ARC
- 7.1.2ch Dolby Atmos/DTS X with Vertical Sound Engine
- Dual built-in subwoofers for deep bass
- All sound upscaled close to 7.1.2ch audio
- Seven different sound modes to enhance your entertainment experience
- Voice enhancement for greater clarity
LG Electronics, Inc., formerly Lucky-Goldstar, is an electronics company based in Korea and founded in 1947. One of the major players in high definition televisions (or smart TVs if you’re into that trend), their presence in this product category shows through their TV to soundbar connectivity allowing for wirelessly streaming music from select smartphones or tablets (and only using one remote).
Read: LG Dolby Atmos Sound Bar
If Google Cast compatibility isn’t enough for you, they also offer subwoofers to produce more bass than other models on this list could ever dream of producing.
- [Immersive 3.1ch Powerful Sound] 3.1 Channel audio with 420W power
- [Premium Sound Solutions] DTS Virtual:X for an immersive sound experience. Meridian Audio Technology partnering up to advance sound. High-Res Audio for more accurate sound and a more enjoyable listening experience.
- [Best Match for LG TVs] LG Sound Bars are engineered to seamlessly enhance LG TV performance and designed to match LG TV. Control the Sound bar with LG TV remote controller and generate high quality sound by LG TV's sound engine.
- [HDMI, Bluetooth] Powerful connectivity with Bluetooth and HDMI in/out
- [Eco Friendly] Eco friendly product in the entire process of manufacturing, using, disposal. Using recycled resin coming from plastic bottle and eliminate the styrofoam, vinyl bag in packaging
- With 570 watts for an impressive home theater setup, envelop yourself in a stunning surround sound experience with 5.1.3 channels and hear every line of dialogue clearly with an up-firing center channel.Connectivity Technology : Bluetooth 5.0, Soundbar Power Consumption : 78W, Subwoofer Power Consumption : 40W.
- Dolby Atmos* and DTS:X** bring multidimensional sound to your room—including up-firing height channels to deliver powerful, moving audio that flows all around you, even overhead
- Unleash the power of IMAX content at home with IMAX Enhanced. Stereo (2-channel) content is upmixed to immersive, multichannel audio with Meridian Horizon's adaptive upmixing technology
- Choose your go-to voice assistant like Google Assistant or Alexa, and control your favorite features like Chromecast, AirPlay 2, and more***
- Sound bar, wireless subwoofer, remote control with batteries, wall mount brackets, and HDMI cable are included. Smartphone Remote App (iOS/Android) iOS/Android OS
6. Polk Audio
Located in Lakeville, MN, Polk specializes in producing speakers that are great for all types of audio. Starting with small home theater systems and outdoor speakers then moving on to TV speakers, their products have been around since 1972.
One of their latest releases is a wireless speaker bar that connects via Bluetooth or Wi-Fi to wirelessly stream music throughout the entire house or enjoy it by itself without any need for wiring whatsoever. They also produce soundbars for specific devices such as the PS4 and Xbox One so you can get an immersive audio experience while gaming.
- A PREMIUM ULTRA-SLIM SOUND BAR WITH INCLUDED WIRELESS SUBWOOFER – 5 powerful full-range drivers deliver BEAUTFUL RICH SOUND WITH DEEP BASS. POLK’S EXCLUSIVE VOICE ADJUST TECHNOLOGY & Dolby Digital Decoding maximizes sound clarity & reduces voice delays.Mounting Type: Tv Sound Bar,Bar Mount.Frequency Response : 45Hz-20Khz.
- EXCELLENT SOUND AND VALUE on par with any mid- to high-range sound bars available in the market. At just over 2" tall, it fits most spaces — easily wall-mount it or place in front of your TV. It won’t block your TV’s bottom edge or IR remote sensor
- UPGRADE YOUR HOME THEATER EXPERIENCE – Watch your favorite shows on your 4K HD Smart TV with exceptional picture quality & crystal clear sound. With numerous connection possibilities, plug in any audio source via HDMI ARC, optical input & AUX
- WIRELESSLY STREAM MUSIC from your favorite streaming apps like Pandora, Spotify, TuneIn, and others directly from your smartphone, tablet or other compatible device through the built-in Bluetooth technology
- SET UP YOUR SOUND BAR IN MINUTES — With the included subwoofer, HDMI and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes
- A 7.1.2 CHANNEL SOUND BAR SYSTEM - The 2022 MagniFi Max AX SR includes Polk's flagship MagniFi Max Soundbar with 10" Wireless Sub and SR2 surround sound speakers, which together give you a room-filling sound in every corner, including over your head.Waterproof : No
- A SUPER IMMERSIVE SOUND EXPERIENCE - MagniFi Max AX Soundbar features an 11-driver array with 2 up-firing drivers for virtual height effects, left/right tweeters & woofers & a dedicated center channel, delivering immersive sound & clear dialogues
- CAPTIVATING SURROUND SOUND WITH POLK's PATENTED SDA 3D AUDIO TECHNOLOGY - This home theater system delivers certified Dolby Atmos and DTS:X cinematic surround sound with impactful bass & an expansive 3D soundstage for next-level music & movies experience
- HEAR EVERY WORD CLEARLY - Polk's patented VoiceAdjust speech-clarifying technology works with MagniFi's integrated center channel speaker to bring up the voice levels without affecting the rest of the soundtrack. Enjoy clear dialogues and balanced audio
- SOUNDBAR WITH SUBWOOFER SYSTEM - Includes a powerful plug-and-play 10" down-firing Wireless Subwoofer that connects instantly to the sound bar the moment you power it on. It delivers deep, effortless bass, at volume levels that are surprising for its size
7. Definitive Technology
Founded in 1991 by Tomlinson Holman (the engineer known for creating THX), Definitive Technology produces numerous home entertainment components like receivers and speakers and their latest release is a wireless soundbar that allows you to experience 360 degrees surround sound through just two channels.
Described as “cinematic” for home theaters, it’s an ideal product if you want the most immersive audio experience possible.
- Room-Filling Sound: Only the size of a keyboard, the Sonic Blast 016LDS sound bar offers louder, more powerful TV sounds with 80W maximum audio output. It can easily make an impact change to your TV sound and film-watching experience. It maximizes sound clarity and reduces voice delay, bringing a new dynamic audio experience to your ears.
- Deep Bass with Dedicated Subwoofer: A dedicated subwoofer delivers punchy, rich bass to get a more engaging and immersive listening experience in movies, music, and games. Undoubtedly, the dedicated subwoofer cavity space is big enough to reproduce deeper, richer bass than most systems with a built-in subwoofer.
- Professionally Tuned EQ Modes: With Music, Movie, Voice, gaming mode. Explosions pop, dialog sounds far crisper, delicate sound quality in "Music" mode, always being a winner in "Game" mode, and you may even notice sonic details in your favorite films that you’ve never picked up on before. Maximizes sound clarity and reduces voice delays, let you enjoy all the details of your music and movies, brings to your ear a new dynamic audio experience.
- Wide Compatibility: The soundbar can be connected to any Bluetooth enabled devices such as PC, smart phone, tablet and monitor. You can stream music wirelessly through the sound bar, or wire the soundbar to smart TV, projector, DVD, and other devices via optical and Aux cables included.(Press the M button on soundbar can switch the three connection modes of Optical /AUX/ USB/ Bluetooth).
- Set UP Your Sound Bar in Minutes: With the included subwoofer, AUX and optical cables quickly connect your TV to the sound bar. Get set up and listening in minutes.
- Epic Sound Experience: Powerful speakers deliver an incredible, high-quality sound experience. This soundbar with advanced technology brings amazing clarity and precision, allowing you to enjoy fantastic moments anytime.
- Various Input Connections: The soundbar provides multiple wireless and wired connections, including Wireless Bluetooth 5.0 and various wired connections such as HDMI ARC, Optical, AUX input, and USB, which allow easy connection to your TV, PC, and other audio output devices.
- Optimize Entertainment with Different Equalizer Modes: This speaker offers dialogue mode, music mode, and movie mode, which are easily switchable with a remote. Dialogue mode enhances dialogue clarity, produces surround sound for your movies, and brings powerful bass to your music.
- Button and Remote Control: There are two options to control the soundbar. You can switch modes through the buttons on the soundbar, as the speaker is responsive, allowing easy control. The remote control helps you carry out any tasks right at your fingertips, enabling you to switch modes and turn the soundbar on and off.
- Easy and Optional Installation: You can choose to place it directly or install it on the wall according to your personal preference. We provide you with templates and tools to help you fix it on the wall accurately and firmly.
8. Harman Kardon
Harman International Industries, Incorporated was founded in 1953 by Sidney Harman who had a vision of “enriching human life through meaningful experiences created by technology” largely focusing on car audio systems at the beginning.
Since then they have branched off into numerous products like headphones and speakers for home use which are considered some of the best in their categories. Their soundbars are no different with superior performance to deliver full-range sound, Bluetooth connectivity, and even music streaming using WI-Fi.
- Product Dimensions: 48.26" W x 3.26" H x 5.35" D | Spk (sub woofer) Net Dimension: 8.07" W x 15.86" H x 15.86" D
- Includes: Remote Control, Battery, Wall Mount Kit and HDMI cable
- DOLBY ATMOS AND DTS:X TECHNOLOGIES: With Dolby Atmos and DTS:X, sounds move independently around you from all directions, even above, just like in real life
- 7.1.4 CHANNELS: 17 built-in speakers, including four that fire upward and two that fire from the side, surround you in multidimensional cinematic audio that rivals even the very best movie theater experience
- REAR WIRELESS SPEAKER KIT INCLUDED: Upward firing rear speakers add another element of surround sound to your movies, making every moment more cinematic
- Iconic design
- Extraordinary sound
- Wireless Bluetooth streaming
- Rich Bass from Powered Subwoofer
Since 1946, Klipsch has been producing speakers that were originally built to last and that’s what they’re still doing today. With a range of speakers from small soundbars to large home theater systems for rooms with high ceilings, their products are made with durability in mind while delivering superior top-notch audio.
Since moving into the smart speaker market a couple of years ago, they’ve also begun offering quality soundbars that can be controlled using voice commands through Amazon Alexa. If you have the budget for it, take a look at their Reference series which offer incredible performance but then again their entry-level models like the Klipsch TV Speaker (or even Apple TV Speaker ) will not disappoint if your wallet is on the lighter side.
- 40” 2.1 Soundbar with 8” wireless subwoofer.Mounting Type: Wall Mount
- 400W peak power
- HDMI-ARC: Single-cable, single-remote control
- 5.1 decoding for virtualized surround sound
- Class-leading 8” Subwoofer
- 45 inches 3.1 Soundbar With 10 inches Wireless Subwoofer
- Best-In-Class 600W Peak Power
- HDMI-ARC: Single Cable, Single Remote Control
- 5.1 Decoding for Virtualized Surround Sound
- Powerful audio performance with deep, theater-like sub-bass and crisp high-end definition
If you are in the market for a quality soundbar, there are many brands to choose from. The 9 best soundbar brands on this list all have their strengths and weaknesses but ultimately they will all provide an immersive audio experience that is sure to delight your ears while watching movies or playing games.
While some models may be more expensive than others, it’s important to keep in mind what features you need before making any purchase so you can get the most out of your money. So take advantage of these wonderful brands and find the soundbar that’s right for you!