Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2 is a future-ready system redefining Wireless home theater system featuring Extraordinary Dolby Atmos® sound. It has the latest iteration of HDMI and HDCP 2.2 version allowing 4K 50/60FPS formats connectivity with Blu-ray player, gaming console, and a cable/satellite box.
Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2 Specifications:
It is compatible with next-generation 3D video and enables a fitting Audio Return Channel. The Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2-Channel Dolby Atmos Home Theater System supports HD audio formats from Dolby and DTS and provides a superimpose On-Screen Display function for ease in setting adjustments.
It has a Universal Port for one-cable connection of peripherals and provides AccuEQ equalization. According to Onkyo, AccuEQ is a room acoustic calibration technology.
The AccuEQ calibration technology fine-tunes every speaker in case the placement of the speakers is not symmetrical. The AccuEQ technology optimizes the sound for the unique shape of your room for an ultimate listening environment.
Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2 is a sound system package that will not crack anybody’s bank, yet, it is highly competitive. It is a good buy for anyone who wanted a home theater entertainment system at its best.
This Onkyo product is 3D-Ready and has easy audio set-up. Its 192kHz/24-bit Burr-Brown DACs have been enhanced to deliver a more precise sound from the system.
Further, it also features 32-bit Digital Signal Processor (DSP) Chip allowing four modes for Gaming, Sports, Rock, Action, and RPG.
The technology used optimizes analog audio performance on the unit’s receiver, thereby offering an HDR (High Dynamic Range). Bluetooth Audio streaming allows you to stream audio from your phone and tablets for powerful sound.
Also, it provides a convenient overlaid on-screen display via HDMI, allowing the appearance of the set-up menu on the screen, which gives ease in the immediate adjustments of settings.
The Onkyo HT-S5800 5.1.2 -Channel Home Theater Product features a 120-watt subwoofer that drives a 10-inch cone for booming bass. Further, its rated output power is 7 ch x 100 W, which perfectly matches with HT-R494 receiver.
4K/60 Hz-Capable single HDMI® connects all your media players and sends video to the TV from your old analog game consoles to the latest 4K/60 Hz video with 4:4:4 color space and 21:9 cinema aspect.
The Double Bass Function can feed bass sounds from the front left and right channels to the subwoofer to boost the bass.
Further, the Direct mode allows the system to produce 5.1 sound if the source is 5.1. With direct mode off, the sound matrix is applied, and the sound fields will matrix the source 5.1 into 7.1.
CinemaFILTER™ restores the perfect tonal balance (designed for a commercial theater) of a movie soundtrack for smaller environments such as your Home Theater.
A-Form Listening Mode Memory senses the input signal format (be it stereo or Dolby Digital or DTS) and automatically switches to listening mode (that you pre-assigned for that source).
Onkyo HT-S5800 Accessories:
Onkyo HT-S5800 comes with numerous accessories.
You’ll receive a receiver, subwoofer, five speakers, an AM loop antenna, a remote controller (RC-897M), six AA batteries, color-coded speaker cables, subwoofer cable, speaker setup microphone, and instruction manual.
Onkyo is one of the leaders in producing the Hi-Fi system for the past 70 years. It’s a Japanese manufacturing company that specializes in making premium home entertainment equipment.
Here is why Onkyo HT-S5800 is worth buying (The Pros and Cons):
- The setup was easy, so many options to choose from, so many audio modes, just what you need.
- The receiver looks solid. Single wire for video input.
- The remote looks good, easy to follow, and works as should.
- All stuff included for the out-of-box setup.
- After settings and calibration, sound quality is fantastic for movies.
- HDMI Video Up-Conversion
- Good sound quality for some music genre, not that good for others.
- The receivers get hot, uncomfortable to the fingers I would say. This is normal, as stated by Onkyo, yet I recommended putting 1 or 2 PC fans on top of it. Still, no problems after many non-stop hours of use, even without the fans.
- Life of the Subwoofer is less.
Helpful customer reviews
These were left out by some actual users of the Onkyo HT-S5800. I’ve created a summary for you guys to save you time:
- The product was a surprise to them. Some said that the set up was easy for this unit, yet, some said they had spent approximately 30-45 minutes just reading through the manual and learning the set-up. But so far, HT-S5800 was an excellent unit even after almost a year of existence and use. Some users found the system too useful for them.
- Onkyo did a great job to come up with a product that has an HDMI repeater. They were glad it supports all new formats which to them proved to do a perfect job decoding HD audio formats.
- Also, they were glad to see the on-screen menu display, which they found too helpful. With volume level and options for setting up the unit overlaid on the screen, many users were having easy adjustments and little customization.
- Further, they noticed that the product was noiseless when not in use, and did not have any feedbacks or sonic booms during power on and off. And it pleased them.
- Many revealed that the sound coming from the HT-S5800 was perfect; however, few users found the subwoofers passive. They commented that the speaker system was better only in small rooms or bedrooms but not in a big large hall.
- Several customers of HT-S5800 were proud to say that this unit looked beautiful, and the same was a great addition to their living room. Aside from that, the system gave them an incredible sound after a few minutes of setup. It also gave them a perfect display using its Blu-ray player. They were too glad about the different personal preference settings available.
- Some users said that the quality of the unit was consistent for movie viewing and music listening. They were pleased that the receiver was designed to be ready for the newer advance technology. Thus, for them, it was a wise investment.
- Some users were frustrated using the product. For them, HT-S5800 was not a perfect buy, and they ended up returning the product not for its lousy sound quality but for some reason like it did not work for their PS4 or the Blu-ray or of similar ideas.
But having that situation, still, they considered the system having an incredibly great sound. Had it not for few malfunctions on their purchased unit, they would have yet chosen to use the system. Some returned the unit but were promised replacement, and they were glad about it.
- Many users found the subwoofers not quite satisfactory even others did not make use of it; however, they still used the system as a whole, for they saw the unit useful in some other ways.
They enjoyed the great sound it gave as most of them only wanted quality music for home theater entertainment in small rooms. Yet, others were not recommending the unit for large living rooms.
|Dimensions (W x H x D)|
|Amplifier||435 mm x 160 mm x 328 mm|
|17-1/8″ x 6-5/16″ x 12-15/16″|
|Center||409 x 115 x 121 mm|
|6-1/8 inch x 4-1/2 inch x 4-3/4 inch|
|Front||155 x 467 x 183 mm|
|6-1/8 inch x 18-3/8 inch x 7-3/16 inch|
|Surround||115 x 230 x 96 mm|
|4-1/2 inch x 9-1/16 inch x 3-3/4 inch|
|Subwoofer||317.5 x 463 x 398 mm|
|12-1/2 inch x 18-1/4 inch x 15-11/16 inch|
|Dimensions of Carton Package||772 x 855 x 514 mm|
|30 3/8 inch x 33 11/16 inch x 20 1/4 inch|
|Amplifier||7.8 kg (17.2 lbs)|
|Center||2.2 kg (4.9 lbs.)|
|Front||3.6 kg (7.9 lbs.)|
|Surround||1.0 kg (2.2 lbs.)|
|Subwoofer||9.6 kg (21.2 lbs.)|
|Weight of Carton Package||35.0 kg (77.2 lbs.)|
|Rated Power Output (8 Ω, both channel Driven, 20-20,000 Hz)||65 W/ch|
|Rated Power Output (6 Ω, 1 kHz, 1 channel Driven of 1% (IEC))||7 channel x 100 Watt|
|Max Effective Power Output (6 ohms, 1 kiloHertz, single channel-driven)||7 channel x 120 Watt|
|Dynamic Power/ch (3 Ω, Front)||160 W|
|Dynamic Power/ch (4 Ω, Front)||125W|
|Dynamic Power/ch (8 Ω, Front)||85W|
|THD + N||0.08% (20 Hz – 20,000 Hz)|
|Input Sensitivity and Impedance (Line)||200 mV/47 k-ohms|
The over-all assessment would reveal that Onkyo HT-S5800 is an exceptional home theater entertainment system that provides the perfect sound for fine viewing and listening.
It is a system that can be used for different formats with advance features that can cater to newer versions of HDMI and HDCP 2.2. If you are in search of a real full Home Theater that is 5.1 but doesn’t want to spend much, get the Onkyo HT 5800.
Love this review by ColorViewFinder? Share it with your friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and Pinterest.