Soundbars are not new. They’ve been around for years, but they never really caught on. Why? Because the sound was terrible. No matter how good the video looked on your TV, if you had a bad audio system, it felt like watching through frosted glass.
But things have changed in recent years and now there are many options available to consumers looking for an affordable way to improve their home theater or living room entertainment experience without having to buy a whole new set of speakers and subwoofer just to get better sound quality out of their current ones.
- DOLBY ATMOS / DTS:X - Theater-quality sound that fires from the front, side and above for true audio immersion.
- TRUE 3.1.2CH SOUND - The complete audio entertainment experience with 3 channels, 1 subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels.
- Q-SYMPHONY - Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive QLED TV and soundbar audio.
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANT - Control your soundbar and stay connected with Alexa.
- SPACEFIT SOUND - Automatically calibrated sound and enhanced clarity to adapt to your space.
- America's #1 Sound Bar* - VIZIO has been filling homes with truly immersive audio for over 10 years, and our sound bars just keep getting better. We are proud to provide our customers with top-tier audio products that bring movies, shows, podcasts, music, and more to life like never before. (*#1 Sound Bar Brand in 1H 2022 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, U.S., based on units, Jan. - June 2022 combined.)
- Low-Profile Modern Design - Seamlessly blends into any environment and ingeniously attaches to select VIZIO M-Series TV stands for quick, clean tabletop or wall-mount installation.
- Immersive Performance - Experience immersive, cinematic 3D surround sound powered by Dolby Atmos and DTS:X.
- Advanced Connectivity & Control - The latest HDMI eARC connectivity enables state-of-the-art 4K Dolby Vision pass-through to the TV and lets you control the sound bar using your TV remote.
- 5.1-Channel Sound - Experience a powerful room-filling, surround sound experience.
There is no one best option because everyone has different needs and budgets so we’ve broken down some of the best soundbars under $300—all with stellar reviews!
Top Three Soundbars under USD 300
Klipsch bar 40 soundbar
First in line is the Klipsch Bar 40 that comes just under USD 300. With HDMI, HDMI Arc, Bluetooth, and Aux, and a wireless subwoofer; Bar 40 is a basic level but packs all that’s needed for a good audio experience at home.
Coming to the Bar 40 design it’s a simple 40 inch wooden textured rectangular Bar with metal highlights. Horn speaker at the sides and front-facing grill further pronounce its design well. Behind the grill are 3 LEDs that indicate mode, power, and source status.
Let’s talk about performance. The Bar 40 supports Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus, the audio quality it generates is impressive.
The dialogs are crisp, clear even with movie sound effects. Also, it features a good enough surround sound experience. Although it couldn’t become quite loud it’s good enough to entertain you in a medium-sized room.
Overall it proves to be a good option considering the price and normal home usage.
Polk Audio Signa S2
Second, in line is Polk Audio Signa S2 with a wireless subwoofer that comes just under USD 200. It’s a simple 2.1 channel soundbar that comes with HDMI, HDMI ARC, and Bluetooth which is a plus when considering Signa S1. It has good sound quality and is designed basically for a home theater system.
Let’s consider the design, Signa S2 has a pretty straightforward design that is suitable for a 55 inch TV option, and with a height of just 2.1 inches, it’s slimmer than many yet not the slimmest. It’s completely plastic with a tight fabric in front as compared to YAMAHA YAS209 products. The Subwoofer is similar to looking in the same material.
Coming to the performance it’s simply outstanding as compared to price. In default settings, the sound performance was very smooth. It produces good music with a clear voice even at a high bass medium level. It’s an impressive experience when bass enhancement mode is selected for Movies and TV shows.
Overall in the price, it simply does the job and does it very well.
RSB3 is an entry-level soundbar with a price tag of just under USD 300 it includes no Subwoofer as compared to the other two products we have discussed.
Connectivity includes only its analog and digital inputs with no HDMI ports, however, it has a built-in Bluetooth connectivity option. With Dolby digital support ad Klipsch Virtual Surround options it’s a good basic level product.
When it comes to design the device is 2.6 inches in height means it fits under the TV well. It has a plastic body with a front metallic grill and is well suited to be placed below or above the TV or mounted to the wall. Also, check soundbars under $200.
It’s a good listening experience and it was found to be an all-rounder with a crisp and clear voice, music, and sound effects. Without the external woofer, it lacked the bass in some cases s but considering the price tag it suites well for a normal home.
You deserve to have the best sound possible at home. With so many affordable options, you should be able to find a great soundbar within your budget that will make watching TV or movies more enjoyable for everyone in your family.
Do some research and try out different models before settling on one—you’ll likely find that there are plenty of features offered by these devices that work for every member of the household. If you want help finding the right model, don’t hesitate to reach out!
Our team is ready and waiting with expert advice about all things audio-related including how to select the perfect speaker system based on size, room layout, personal taste preferences.
Learn about the top sound bars under the $1000 range.
The Best Soundbar under $300 – Frequently Asked Questions
What is the best soundbar for under 300?
Polk Audio Signa S2 is a good choice for someone looking for decent sound and features under 300 bucks.
Which Sony Product is the best?
Sony is among the leading brands in the Audio market with normally high tech and expensive product range. However, the HT-X8500 Soundbar with Dolby Atmos is the perfect match for price and options. Ranging just below USD 400 it packs all the modern connectivity and sound decoding options.
What is the difference between the 2.1 and 3.1 soundbars?
A 2.1 soundbar has
– Left sound channel
– Right sound channel
whereas a 3.1 Soundbar
– Left sound channel
– Right sound channel
– Central channel
How much should I spend on the soundbar?
It simply depends on your needs, for a normal home TV, 250-500 USD is the best budget however if you demand extra high-end products there are products in the market that are much more expensive.