These days we have a lot of variety of soundbars in the market and it’s hard to find a relevant fit for both your budget and home requirements.
We are here to help you finalize with you a perfect fit for your home that’s both are friendly with your pocket and packs a full punch in regards to Music, Movies, Home theater experience, and Smart home applications.
- FULL IMMERSION FOR ALL ENTERTAINMENT: Smart Soundbar 600 is a Dolby Atmos soundbar that also features proprietary TrueSpace technology and two upward firing transducers to deliver shockingly immersive sound for all your movies, TV shows, and music.
- TRUESPACE ELEVATES IT ALL: No matter what you’re watching, Bose TrueSpace technology intelligently analyzes signals other than Dolby Atmos, like stereo or 5.1, and upmixes them to create an immersive multi-channel sound experience.
- PACKED WITH TECHNOLOGY: The acoustic architecture squeezes 5 speakers (including 2 upward firing) into a small, 27.5” wide soundbar to spread sound across the room: horizontally left and right, forward, and overhead.
- WIRELESS SOUNDBAR FOR STREAMING: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Apple AirPlay 2, Spotify Connect, and Chromecast built-in compatibility let you stream content anyway you want.
- TOTAL CONTROL: Amazon Alexa voice control is built in. Or you can access Works With Google Assistant capabilities with a compatible Google device. There’s also the included remote control and the Bose Music app for quick access to your music.
- JBL 5.1 surround sound with 510W of power
- Detachable, battery-powered wireless surround speakers
- Thrilling bass from a 10 Inch (250mm) wireless subwoofer
- Wireless music streaming with Bluetooth
- True 4K connectivity with 3 HDMI in/1 HDMI out (ARC)
We have set criteria for the best Soundbar under $500 that includes subwoofer and connectivity options and performance.
Top Three Soundbars under 500 Dollars
Klipsch BAR 48 Sound Bar + Wireless Subwoofer
Klipsch a leading manufacturer of speakers has expanded its product line with a new Soundbar named the Klipsch Bar 48. Bar 48 is a 3.1 Chanel device that comprises a wireless subwoofer. It is larger, simple, and yet it packs a punch. To increase the performance horned twitters are used which is the specialty of Klipsch.
The heavy on a pocket device has a remote control, only an HDMI Arc Port, no wireless, Bluetooth, or even the support of Object-based or lossless audio. However, it is planned to add DTS Virtual:X.
In the design department, the soundbar looks remarkable with a wooden box exterior with horn-loaded speakers in dark silver at the sides. The wireless subwoofer is also in a wooden box in dark color and blends well with the device.
Looking at the performance the 3.1 channel device fairly succeeds to deliver clear and loud voices at both high and mid-range frequencies. This is through its wide structure body and horned tweeters, and the wireless subwoofer complements the bass.
In short Bar 48 is simply a mid-range all-rounder with very limited features and a high price tag of just under 500 USD. For those having a budget between $300-$400, you can check these soundbars.
Klipsch RSB-14 Sound Bar
The next in line to discuss is the RSB-14 of the Klipsch Lineup. RSB-14 is the upgraded version of RSB-11. It bulks a lot of features as compared to our Bar 48 at a much lesser cost. It’s a 2.1 Channel device with a wireless subwoofer.
It comes with 3 4K Compatible HDMI ports and 1 HDMI Arc, Wifi, and Ethernet Support along with DTS Play-fi and Bluetooth. It simply supports all needed features that can keep it at par and above its market competitors.
It’s simple in design with minimum footprint. The black exterior is simply designed to blend in. Subwoofer, on the other hand, is also quite portable and can be placed where required.
Coming to the performance RSB-14 is a heavy-duty device that produces a powerful home theater experience. It’s packed wireless compatibility that can be used to combine it with other compatible devices and develop a complete surround sound system.
Although it’s loud enough to fill a large room still the movie dialogues are fairly clear. And with Play-Fi and Klipsch App, it’s fairly easy to set up all through mobile.
Overall RSB-14 is a powerful device packed with a lot of features tath might not be available with a device with a price tag under USD 350
Yamaha YAS408BL Soundbar
Yamaha YAS408BL also known as YAS400 packs one of the best soundbar experiences you can get for under USD 500. It’s a 2.1 channel device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay support. It also packs up HDMI, HDMI Arc, Ethernet, and USB ports.
On the Audio format, it supports Dolby Digital and DTS support. With Yamaha Multicast App on IOS and Andriod connectivity and flexibility is even more simple. A power wireless sub is included which further enhances product competitiveness in the market.
When coming to design Yas408 is somewhat bulky and is made to sit over the table or on the wall but under the table. Its made up of mostly Glossy but high-quality plastic with a metal grille at the front. The subwoofer is designed to blend in with the device.
Soundbar has a lot to offer when it comes to performance. It was found stable for movies with demanding sound effects. It can play loud but seems to be a strain at full volume. The subwoofer was also blending well and the dialogues were exceptionally clear without even activating the clear voice control.
There were other Play modes such as stereo, Surround and 3D surround sound options each having its unique characteristics. YAS408 was an outperformer in playing music and displayed the same exceptional performance as in movies.
Finally, after analyzing the above details you also would have been very clear about what are the best options to go for if you have a budget under 500 USD. We tried to provide you with the best possible details from OEMs that will guide you to the best fit for your requirements.
In our opinion, the best option available is the Yamaha YAS408 with the best connectivity options, performance, and wireless options at the best price.
Read about Soundbars under $1000 here.
Soundbar Under USD 500 FAQs
What is the best soundbar under $500?
Under our criteria of best performance, connectivity, and price limit the best option available is Yamaha YAS408. It has surround sound options, 3d surround sound and it is both suitable for Movies, Music, and normal home use.
What is the best 5.1 soundbar?
The best 5.1 soundbar is the Samsung HW-Q80R that has a wireless subwoofer as well as the integrated side and upwards firing speakers that help to create an immersive listening experience.