These days we have a lot of variety of soundbars in the market and it’s hard to find a relevant fit for both your budget and home requirements.
We are here to help you finalize with you a perfect fit for your home that’s both are friendly with your pocket and packs a full punch in regards to Music, Movies, Home theater experience, and Smart home applications.
- Q-SYMPHONY: Amp up your audio with the greatest duo of all time—Samsung TVs paired with Samsung soundbars; With Q-Symphony, your TV speakers paired with Q-Series soundbars operate as one*
- WIRELESS DOLBY ATMOS: Feel surrounded; Cue up Dolby Atmos sound and skip the cumbersome HDMI cables; Feel free to arrange your space exactly how you want without compromising the audio experience**
- 5.1.2 CH. TRUE DOLBY ATMOS SOUND: Captivating 3D audio and more channels mean more detailed sound—layered, rich, deep. 5.1.2ch with true Dolby Atmos sound unlocks new registers, so you can appreciate the story in never-before-heard ways
- SPACEFIT SOUND PRO: Sound amplifies everything; This soundbar reacts accordingly; Get room-filling sound, calibrated to your space, with a soundbar that analyzes your environment and automatically optimizes the audio
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANT: Activate hands-free navigation of your soundbar and TV using built-in voice assistants; The feature allows you to operate your TV and control other smart devices with only the sound of your voice***
- America's #1 Sound Bar* - VIZIO has been filling homes with truly immersive audio for over 10 years, and our sound bars just keep getting better. We are proud to provide our customers with top-tier audio products that bring movies, shows, podcasts, music, and more to life like never before. (*#1 Sound Bar Brand in 1H 2022 Source: The NPD Group/Retail Tracking Service, U.S., based on units, Jan. - June 2022 combined.)
- Evolved to revolve - Adaptive Height Speakers integrated into the sound bar automatically rotate up or forward to optimize the performance of the system. When rotated up, Dolby Atmos and DTS:X soundtracks are strikingly immersive. When rotated forward, the height speakers are repurposed to deliver music with breathtaking power and dynamics.
- Immersive sound, brought to you by people who love sound - Dolby Atmos and DTS:X audio technologies captivate your senses with realistic sounds above and behind you for performance that completely immerses you in the world of your entertainment.
- Your favorites, the way they were meant to be heard - Lean in and get lost in your favorite content with 103dB of premium audio powered by 13 high-performance speakers. With a newly designed wireless subwoofer and integrated tweeters and woofers, this sound bar delivers clarity, spaciousness, and impact down to an impressive 45Hz.
- Multi-dimensional masterpiece - Experience the thrill of sound that moves throughout your room with 5.1.2 channels of immersive audio. Each channel plays a pivotal role in the creation of a soundscape that places you in the middle of your entertainment.
We have set criteria for the best Soundbar under $500 that includes subwoofer and connectivity options and performance.
Table of Contents
Top Three Soundbars under 500 Dollars
Klipsch BAR 48 Sound Bar + Wireless Subwoofer
Klipsch a leading manufacturer of speakers has expanded its product line with a new Soundbar named the Klipsch Bar 48. Bar 48 is a 3.1 Chanel device that comprises a wireless subwoofer. It is larger, simple, and yet it packs a punch. To increase the performance horned twitters are used which is the specialty of Klipsch.
The heavy on a pocket device has a remote control, only an HDMI Arc Port, no wireless, Bluetooth, or even the support of Object-based or lossless audio. However, it is planned to add DTS Virtual:X.
In the design department, the soundbar looks remarkable with a wooden box exterior with horn-loaded speakers in dark silver at the sides. The wireless subwoofer is also in a wooden box in dark color and blends well with the device.
Looking at the performance the 3.1 channel device fairly succeeds to deliver clear and loud voices at both high and mid-range frequencies. This is through its wide structure body and horned tweeters, and the wireless subwoofer complements the bass.
In short Bar 48 is simply a mid-range all-rounder with very limited features and a high price tag of just under 500 USD. For those having a budget between $300-$400, you can check these soundbars.
Klipsch RSB-14 Sound Bar
The next in line to discuss is the RSB-14 of the Klipsch Lineup. RSB-14 is the upgraded version of RSB-11. It bulks a lot of features as compared to our Bar 48 at a much lesser cost. It’s a 2.1 Channel device with a wireless subwoofer.
It comes with 3 4K Compatible HDMI ports and 1 HDMI Arc, Wifi, and Ethernet Support along with DTS Play-fi and Bluetooth. It simply supports all needed features that can keep it at par and above its market competitors.
It’s simple in design with minimum footprint. The black exterior is simply designed to blend in. Subwoofer, on the other hand, is also quite portable and can be placed where required.
Coming to the performance RSB-14 is a heavy-duty device that produces a powerful home theater experience. It’s packed wireless compatibility that can be used to combine it with other compatible devices and develop a complete surround sound system.
Although it’s loud enough to fill a large room still the movie dialogues are fairly clear. And with Play-Fi and Klipsch App, it’s fairly easy to set up all through mobile.
Overall RSB-14 is a powerful device packed with a lot of features tath might not be available with a device with a price tag under USD 350
Yamaha YAS408BL Soundbar
Yamaha YAS408BL also known as YAS400 packs one of the best soundbar experiences you can get for under USD 500. It’s a 2.1 channel device with Wifi, Bluetooth, and Apple AirPlay support. It also packs up HDMI, HDMI Arc, Ethernet, and USB ports.
On the Audio format, it supports Dolby Digital and DTS support. With Yamaha Multicast App on IOS and Andriod connectivity and flexibility is even more simple. A power wireless sub is included which further enhances product competitiveness in the market.
When coming to design Yas408 is somewhat bulky and is made to sit over the table or on the wall but under the table. Its made up of mostly Glossy but high-quality plastic with a metal grille at the front. The subwoofer is designed to blend in with the device.
Soundbar has a lot to offer when it comes to performance. It was found stable for movies with demanding sound effects. It can play loud but seems to be a strain at full volume. The subwoofer was also blending well and the dialogues were exceptionally clear without even activating the clear voice control.
There were other Play modes such as stereo, Surround and 3D surround sound options each having its unique characteristics. YAS408 was an outperformer in playing music and displayed the same exceptional performance as in movies.
Finally, after analyzing the above details you also would have been very clear about what are the best options to go for if you have a budget under 500 USD. We tried to provide you with the best possible details from OEMs that will guide you to the best fit for your requirements.
In our opinion, the best option available is the Yamaha YAS408 with the best connectivity options, performance, and wireless options at the best price.
Read about Soundbars under $1000 here.
Soundbar Under USD 500 FAQs
What is the best soundbar under $500?
Under our criteria of best performance, connectivity, and price limit the best option available is Yamaha YAS408. It has surround sound options, 3d surround sound and it is both suitable for Movies, Music, and normal home use.
What is the best 5.1 soundbar?
The best 5.1 soundbar is the Samsung HW-Q80R that has a wireless subwoofer as well as the integrated side and upwards firing speakers that help to create an immersive listening experience.