The list of best budget TVs under 500 is a long one, but it’s not impossible to find a good TV for less than $500. We have compiled this list of the best TVs under $500 that you can buy. These TVs will give you great picture quality and performance at an affordable price.
Best Budget TVs Under $500: Top 14 Picks
1. Samsung UN65KS9000 65″ 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV
Samsung has been making some of the best TVs on the market for years now. The latest model from them comes with several features that make it stand out among other models. This particular model offers a full 4K resolution and HDR10 support. It also supports Google Assistant which makes it easier to control your smart home devices.
- The Ultimate Flat 4K SUHD Picture powered by the Quantum Dot Color Drive. Fires off a billion more colors than HD TVs for a lifelike picture unlike anything else
- More than just pitch black, get the best shades of black with Triple Black Technology. Never miss a detail in the dark.
- HDR 1000 mirrors the high contrast and vividness the way movie makers intended
- Advanced contrast, color and sharpness for true-to-life image quality with Supreme UHD Dimming
- Smart 2016 - Use one universal remote to switch from Live TV to streaming seamlessly. Easily access everything you want to watch.
2. Sony XBR65X950A 65″ Class 4K UHD Smart LED TV
This Sony TV is loaded with all sorts of features including 4K resolution, HDR10, and even Dolby Vision. It also includes a USB port so you can connect external storage devices such as hard drives or thumb drives. You can use these connected devices to watch content directly off the device without having to stream it over the internet.
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- FULL ARRAY LED CONTRAST – Precisely controlled backlighting delivers deep black, high peak brightness and is further enhanced by XR Contrast Booster 10 for real-life depth and detail.
- INTELLIGENT TV PROCESSING – The Cognitive Processor XR understands how humans see to deliver intense contrast with deep blacks, high peak brightness, and natural colors.
- PERFECT FOR PLAYSTATION 5 – Take your gaming to the next level with input lag as low as 8.5ms and BRAVIA XR exclusive features for the PlayStation 5 – Auto HDR Tone Mapping & Auto Genre Picture Switch.
- FEATURES SPECIFIED IN HDMI 2.1– Get the advantage in high-performance gaming on BRAVIA XR Smart TVs with HDMI 2.1 features such as 4K/120, VRR, and ALLM.
3. LG 55EC9300B Plasma HDTV
If you want a plasma television, then you should consider getting one of the LG models. They offer excellent picture quality and they come with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth connectivity. The only downside is that they do tend to be more expensive compared to their LCD counterparts. But if you don’t mind spending a little extra money, then by all means go for it.
- OLED DISPLAY: Watch your content come to life in over 8 million pixels. Each pixel turns on and off independently so you'll see your content with perfect black, over a billion rich colors and infinite contrast for a viewing experience like no other.
- α9 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Picture and sound adjustment happen automatically with our best processor. The a9 Gen4 AI Processor 4K uses deep-learning algorithms to detect scenes and genres to make your content look its best no matter what or when you're watching.
- GAME OPTIMIZER: Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, while the latest HDMI allows for fast gaming speeds. Plus, you'll get low input lag and fast response times with Auto Low-Latency Mode and HGiG.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT & ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping list, and more. Plus, conveniently control your connected home and smart devices.
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ & Dolby Atmos. See movies exactly how directors intended with Filmmaker Mode. And with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV plus, Disney plus and LG channels, your favorite content is at your fingertips.
4. Vizio M60-C0 Series 60″ 1080p 3D Smart LED TV
If you’re looking for a cheap 3D television, then you might want to check out the Vizio M60-c0 series. Not only does it provide amazing picture quality, but it also provides a 3D experience. It supports both passive and active 3D technology. So whether you’re watching movies or playing games, you’ll get a great viewing experience.
- NEW REMOTE FAST SHIPPING
- Such as below knowing model: Vizio E370VP; E320VT; E370VT; E420VT ;
- E422VLE; M370SL; E322AR; E422AR XRT112 internet APP Remote for E320I-A2 E320i-A0 E322AR
5. Toshiba 43LH750U43 42″ 720p Full HD LED Television
Toshiba televisions are known for being reliable and durable. This particular model is no different. It comes with a sleek design and it looks attractive too. If you’re looking into buying a new TV, then we recommend checking out the Toshiba brand.
- 1.Applicable various Toshiba brand TV models,It is compatible with most of new and older toshiba TV. Support most of Toshiba LCD LED 3D HDTV 4K UHD Smart TVs. (42SL700A, 32SL700A, 26SL700A, 22SL700A, 39L22U, 40L5200U, 50L5200U, 32L1350U, 32C120U1, 39L1350U and more)Not for fire TV!!!!!
- 2.CT-90325 replacement remote control compatible with remote models:CT-90325,CT-90326,CT-90329,CT-8037,CT-90302,CT-90275,CT-90366 and more.
- 3.No pairing or programming needed,just put 2AA batteries and it can work well (Batteries are not included),No other Settings are required.
- 4.Long transmission distance and stable performance. Replace the damaged or older one and cover all functions of the original toshiba remote control.
- 5.Free exchange or return shipping! 30 days free quality warranty!If you have any questions after receiving the remote control, please feel free to contact us, we will provide you with timely and high-quality service.
6. Panasonic TC-P42S1 32″ 720p HD LCD Television
Panasonic televisions are generally known for offering high-quality products. And while this particular model isn’t exactly top of the line, it still delivers a decent picture quality. It comes with 32-inch screen size and it offers a 1920 x 1080 resolution.
- Replacement for Condition: New.
- Replacement for No Programming Required . Put batteries in and work .
- Replacement for Batteries and Manual not included.
- Replacement for TC-32LX24 TC-42LD24 TC-42LS24 TC-42PX24 TC-50PS24 TC-50PX24 TC-58PS24 TC-65PS24 TC-L22X2 TC-L32C22 TC-L32U22 TC-L32X2 TC-L37C22 TC-L37D2 TC-L37U22 TC-L37X2 TC-L42D2 TC-L42U22 TC-L42U25 TC-P42C2 TC-P42S2 TC-P42U2 TC-P46C2 TC-P46S2 TC-P50C2 TC-P50S2 TC-P50U2 TC-P50X2 TC-P54S2 TC-P58S2 TC-P65S2 TH-32LRU20 TH-37LRU20 TH-42LRU20 TC-26LX14 TC-32LX14 TC-32LX14N TC-42PS14 TC-42PX14 TC-50PS14 TC-50PX14 TC-54PS14 TC-58PS14
- Replacement for TC-65PS14 TC-L26X1 TC-L32C12 TC-L32C12K TC-L32C12N TC-L32G1 TC-L32LX1N TC-L32S1 TC-L32X1 TC-L37G1 TC-L37S1 TC-L37X1 TC-L42U12 TC-P42C1 TC-P42S1 TC-P42U1 TC-P42X1 TC-P46S1 TC-P46U1 TC-P50C1 TC-P50S1 TC-P50U1 TC-P50X1 TC-P50X1C TC-P54S1 TC-P58S1 TC-P58S2 TC-P65S1 TC-P65S2 TC-55AS680U TC-55ASU534 TC-60AS530U TC-60AS530UE PT-43LC14 PT-50DL54J PT-50LC14 PT-60DL54J PT-60LC14 TH-42PZ700UA TH-50PE700UA TH-50PZ700UA PT-50LCZ7
7. Philips 40FV8010 40″ 720p Full HDLED TV
Philips televisions are generally known to be quite inexpensive. However, this particular model doesn’t disappoint when it comes to its picture quality. It comes equipped with a full HD resolution and it offers a wide range of color options.
- Country of Origin: China
- The Package Height of the Product is 6.35 centimetres
- The Package Length of the Product is 17.526 centimetres
- The Package Width of the Product is 12.7 centimetres
8. Sharp LC40ES63 40″ 720p Full High Definition LED TV
Sharp is another name worth considering when it comes to purchasing a TV. This particular model comes with an impressive set of features and it looks stylish at the same time. It comes with 40-inch screen size and it boasts a 1920 x 1080 resolution, giving you crystal clear visuals.
- Stunning 4K Ultra HD: 4K resolution delivers stunning detail and remarkable visual experience.
- High Dynamic Range: HDR delivers bright and accurate colors for a lifelike viewing experience.
- Google Assistant Built-in: Search for movies and shows across thousands of available apps, get entertainment recommendations, access media playback controls, change the temperature, dim the lights, and so much more. Ask questions and see the answers on your TV, including Google Photos, your calendar, sports scores, and more. Even automate and control your smart devices. The Google Assistant is always on, ready to help, and makes life in your living room that much more relaxing.
- Thousands of streaming apps: Stream 700,000+ movies and shows, live sports and news, or your favorite music from Google Play, YouTube and your favorite apps.
- Chromecast Built-in: Easily cast movies, shows, and photos from your Android or iOS device to your TCL Android TV.
9. Hisense 40GZJ800N 40″ 720p FullHD LED TV
The Hisense brand is not well known in America yet. But it is gaining popularity in the UK and Europe. This particular model is perfect for those who want a simple solution for their living room needs. It comes with a slim profile and it has a modern look.
- Full High Definition Resolution: Along with its 1080p high-definition LCD screen, you'll find a powerful full array LED backlight at work creating a sharper, more colorful picture..Wall Mount : VESA 100 x 200. Display aspect ratio 16:9
- Motion Rate 120: Don't struggle to keep your eye on the ball—enjoy fast-paced sports, movies and gaming without the lag. Featuring Motion Rate image processing technology, this television keeps the thrills coming by making it easy to follow fast-moving action.
- Game Mode: Enjoy a better gaming experience. In Game Mode, input lag is significantly improved, so your commands from the controller are virtually instantaneous on the screen.
- Sports Mode: With sports mode's pre-set settings, the television automatically adjusts itself to optimize sports content. Motion is smoother and color is adjusted for the best sports experience the television is capable of.
10. Viewsonic VX2450 24″ 720p Full HD LCD Television
Viewsonic is another popular brand among affordable TVs. Their products are known for providing good value for your money. This particular model is available in two sizes – 46 inches and 52 inches. It comes with crisp image quality and it has a nice feature where you can adjust the brightness level according to how bright you want the room to be.
- GREAT FOR HOME AND OFFICE: An ideal all-around 24 inch display for desktop, or laptop
- SEE THE DIFFERENCE: Razor-sharp clarity and detail with Full HD (1920x1080p) resolution
- AMAZING AT ANY ANGLE: A slim bezel MVA panel ensures stunning views no matter your vantage point
- ENHANCED VIEWING COMFORT: Flicker-Free technology and Blue Light Filter for all-day comfort
- NO IMAGE TEARING: VESA Adaptive Sync technology automatically calibrates frame rates so you can enjoy ultra-smooth gameplay
11. Samsung UN46EH6000 46″ Ultra HDSmart LED TV
Samsung makes some high-end televisions that cost thousands of dollars. But they also make some affordable ones that offer premium picture quality. This particular model is one of the better ones from them. It offers incredible colors, contrast, and sharpness. It also has a slim design which allows it to blend in easily with another home decor.
- 1.4 "(34.5mm) Super AMOLED, 450 x 450 pixels (~321 ppi density), 16M Colors, CPU: Dual-Core 1.15GHz, 361mAh Battery, Android Wear OS, One UI Watch 3, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi
- The Galaxy Watch4 Classic uses red LEDs and infrared rays to calculate your SpO2 levels or the amount of oxygen in your blood.
- Glass front (Gorilla Glass DX+), MIL-STD-810G compliant, 50m water-resistant (IP68), Compatible with standard 20mm straps, ECG certified, Blood pressure monitor
- 5 ATM / IP68 The water and dust resistance rating, Military-grade durability, Larger screen but lighter and thinner for more comfort.
- Cellular LTE model Compatible with Cellular Network, Contact Carrier to Register on your account. Compatible with Android and iOS devices. Supports Samsung Pay. 4G LTE Bands: B2 (1900 MHz), B4 (1700 MHz), B5 (850 MHz), B12 (700 MHz), B13 (700 MHz), B25 (1900 MHz), B26 (850 MHz), B66 (1700 MHz), B71 (600 MHz) - Please check if compatible with your carrier.
12. LG 47LM640U 47″ LED Smart TV
LG is another manufacturer that people tend to overlook. They don’t have as many models as Sony or Samsung do. But what they do offer is a variety of smart features including wi-fi connectivity and apps. This particular model is a mid-range option that won’t break the bank.
- Part type: TV Remote Control
- AAA Batteries not included
- Part Number: AKB75095307
- NO NEED TO REPROGRAM
13. Philips 50FL6300UB 60″ UHD Blu-ray Player
If you’re someone who loves watching movies on your big screen, then you should consider investing in a Philips UHD Blu-Ray player. These players come with 4K support so you can enjoy content in ultra-high definition. It even has HDR compatibility so you can watch shows and movies without any loss in detail.
- Philips A19 LED light bulbs with Warm Glow Effect provide 800 lumens of soft white light, equivalent to 60 Watt incandescents; These bulbs fit standard medium base (E26) fixtures with the look and feel of a classic bulb; Not for use with Philips HUE products
- Warm Glow dimming offers flicker free, silent dimming that works with more dimmer switches than any other LED on the market; The more you dim, the warmer the light from 2200 to 2700 kelvin just like traditional incandescent light bulbs
- These best in class, Energy Star Certified Philips LEDs provide steady, natural lighting at 1/4 of the energy of incandescents, 1/2 the energy of halogens and with 10X and 4X the lifespan respectively; Philips LEDs are mercury free so they don't contribute to harmful hazardous waste
- A19 soft white light bulbs are perfect anywhere you need a balance of clarity and warmth with the flexibility of dimming in an slightly smaller bulb; The E26 medium base fits standard fixtures on pendant, vanity, and bare lamps
- This 4 pack of A19 LEDs is expected to deliver a lifetime of up to 15, 000 hours and over 20 years based on standard usage of 3 hours per day, saving you the cost and hassle of frequent bulb replacement
14. Toshiba 48TZ300 43″ 1080P Full HD LCD TV
This particular Toshiba model costs much less than most of the other TVs we listed here. But it offers premium picture quality and it includes all the basic functions that you would expect. It has a sleek design and it comes with a built-in wireless speaker system.
- See all your content in one place - Fire TV brings live, over-the-air TV, streaming channels, and your favorite apps together onto one convenient home screen. Subscriptions may be required. Content availability subject to change.
- Regza Engine 4K is Toshiba’s high performance 4K engine for stunning picture quality, with ultra essential PQ technology combined with high quality LCD panel, you can get an incredible ultra HD 4K images with breath-taking picture quality.
- 4 times resolution of Full HD, four times the detail. With Toshiba 4K TV, you can enjoy uncompromisingly crisp, clear visuals for a fully immersive, professional theater quality.
- Dolby Vision HDR and HDR10 transforms your TV into an entertainment powerhouse. The image technology from cinemas, now brought together in the home, provide amazing realism that you'll see, hear, and feel like never before.
- DTS Virtual: X technology is a scalable and versatile advanced post processing package that creates an immersive audio experience by virtualizing height content over traditional stereos
How to choose the best TV for under $500?
When looking for the best TV for under 500 dollars, there are several factors you need to take into consideration.
The first thing you need to decide is whether you want a flat panel television or a traditional tube-based display. Flat panels are usually lighter and thinner but they lack the rich details offered by tubes. However, flat panels are easier to maintain and operate. If you plan on using your television mainly for viewing videos, a flat panel is a way to go.
You also need to think about the size of the screen because this will determine the kind of content you can view comfortably. You may require an extra-large screen if you like to stream lots of video at once. A smaller screen could work fine if you mostly use it for browsing the web and watching short clips.
Another important factor to consider is the resolution. Most of today’s new TVs have a resolution higher than 1080p. So you shouldn’t worry too much about getting a lower resolution setting.
Finally, you need to check out the features included in the TV. Some of these include HDMI ports, USB ports, Wi-Fi, etc. Look for a feature set that meets your needs. For example, if you want to connect your smartphone to the TV, look for a model that has an app store.
In conclusion, when choosing a TV for a price range under 500 dollars, be sure to pay attention to the above-mentioned factors. Once you know what you want, you can narrow down your search until you find the right model.
Frequently Asked Questions – TVs under 500
What are some good features to look for?
You can look for a decent android or a Roku TV with features likes voice control, vibrant colors, variable refresh rate (VRR), wide viewing angle, sound quality, higher frame rates, 43 and 55-inch models, and good black levels.
What TV sizes are available under 500?
For 500 bucks a range of sizes are available from 21″ and 32″ to even larger sizes like 43″, 50″, 55″ and 65″.