It’s no secret that technology has taken over our lives. We are constantly inundated with new gadgets, devices, and software to learn and keep up with. And while this can be overwhelming at times, it’s also exciting to be at the forefront of such constant change.
- Brilliant 4K entertainment - Bring movies and shows to life with support for vivid 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, HLG, and Dolby Digital Plus, and control the TV hands-free with Alexa.
- Scenes that leap off the screen - 4K Ultra HD, HDR 10, and HLG deliver a clearer and more vibrant picture with brighter colors compared to 1080p Full HD.
- Hands-free TV with Alexa - With built-in microphones, just ask to turn on the TV, and find, launch, and control content, so you can put down the remote.
- Watch what you want - Stream over 1 million movies and TV episodes. Watch favorites with subscriptions to Netflix, Prime Video, Disney+, and more.
- All your entertainment in one place - Watch live and free TV, play video games, and stream music.
- HANDPICKED BY AMAZON: They did the research so you don’t have to.
- DYNAMIC CRYSTAL COLOR: Witness millions of shades of color through powerful Dynamic Crystal technology
- CRYSTAL PROCESSOR 4K: See every detail with stunning clarity; The powerful processor, specifically tuned for Crystal Displays, converts what you're watching to 4K
- BUILT-IN VOICE ASSISTANTS: Access a world of content beyond streaming; Schedule recordings, search, auto-adjust gaming settings, seamlessly connect with a host of compatible devices, and control your smart TV with your voice, all with one remote
- HDR: Enjoy a whole new world of vivid color and detail found in newer films and streaming service content with HDR, also known as High Dynamic Range*
One area where technology has had a particularly profound impact is in the realm of audio. Whether we’re talking about music, movies, or television, the quality and variety of sound options available to us now are simply mind-blowing.
One of the most popular ways to enhance your audio experience at home is with a soundbar. Soundbars are sleek, unobtrusive speaker systems that can greatly improve the sound quality of your TV, music, and movies. But if you’ve never owned a soundbar before, you might be wondering how to set it up for optimal results. In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about choosing and setting up a soundbar, including how far to sit from the soundbar for the best possible experience.
Must Read: Samsung HW-Q800B Review
When it comes to choosing a soundbar, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider the size of your room and the layout of your furniture. You’ll want to make sure the soundbar you choose is the appropriate size for the room, and that it will fit comfortably in the space you have available.
You’ll also want to think about what type of connectors you need. Most soundbars will come with either HDMI or optical audio inputs, but some may also have analog inputs as well. If you’re not sure which type of input your TV has, consult your TV’s manual or do a quick Google search.
- OLED DISPLAY: Watch your content come to life in over 8 million pixels. Each pixel turns on and off independently so you'll see your content with perfect black, over a billion rich colors and infinite contrast for a viewing experience like no other.
- α9 GEN 4 AI PROCESSOR 4K: Picture and sound adjustment happen automatically with our best processor. The a9 Gen4 AI Processor 4K uses deep-learning algorithms to detect scenes and genres to make your content look its best no matter what or when you're watching.
- GAME OPTIMIZER: Game Optimizer gives you easier access to all your game settings, while the latest HDMI allows for fast gaming speeds. Plus, you'll get low input lag and fast response times with Auto Low-Latency Mode and HGiG.
- GOOGLE ASSISTANT & ALEXA BUILT IN: There’s no need for an extra device – just ask your TV for music, weather, news, your Amazon shopping list, and more. Plus, conveniently control your connected home and smart devices.
- HOME CINEMA EXPERIENCE: Get breathtaking picture and audio that makes you feel like you're in the action with Cinema HDR, Dolby Vision IQ & Dolby Atmos. See movies exactly how directors intended with Filmmaker Mode. And with built-in access to Netflix, Prime Video, Apple TV plus, Disney plus and LG channels, your favorite content is at your fingertips.
- COGNITIVE PROCESSOR XR – Revolutionary TV processing technology that understands how humans see and hear to deliver intense contrast with pure blacks, high peak brightness, and natural colors.
- XR TRILUMINOS PRO - Rediscover everything you watch with billions of accurate colors and see impressive picture quality that is natural and beautiful to the human eye.
- XR OLED CONTRAST – Feel the beauty of OLED contrast with pure blacks and lifelike brightness. Auto Low Latency Mode (ALLM) for HDMI 3/4
- GOOGLE TV – Browse 700,000+ movies and TV episodes, from across your favorite streaming services, all in one place. Including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube, the Apple TV app, and many more.
- WORKS WITH ALEXA – Through an Alexa enabled device, ask Alexa to change channels, adjust volume, and turn your TV on/off.
Once you’ve chosen the right soundbar for your needs, it’s time to start thinking about placement. The general rule of thumb is that the soundbar should be placed directly below the TV. However, this isn’t always possible or practical, so you may need to get creative with your placement. If your TV is mounted on the wall, for example, you might place the soundbar on a shelf below the TV or a table in front of the TV.
Must Read: Devialet Dione Soundbar Review
Wherever you end up placing your soundbar, just make sure it’s not too far away from the TV. The ideal distance between the two is around 3-6 feet. Any further away than that and you might start to notice a drop in sound quality. So if you can, try to keep your soundbar close to the TV for the best possible results.
How far away should you sit from a soundbar?
For the best surround sound experience, we recommend a 10 to 25 feet (3 to 8 meters) distance between the soundbar and your listening area.
We hope this article has helped you figure out how far to sit from the soundbar for the best possible experience. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. And be sure to check out our other articles for more tips and advice on all things audio.
Thanks for reading!