It’s no secret that technology has taken over our lives. We are constantly inundated with new gadgets, devices, and software to learn and keep up with. And while this can be overwhelming at times, it’s also exciting to be at the forefront of such constant change.
- DOLBY DIGITAL 5.1 DTS VIRTUAL:X: Multi directional sound draws you into the action with Dolby Digital 5.1 capable and DTS Virtual X.
- BASS BOOST: Boost the bass with a touch of a button.
- BUILT IN CENTER SPEAKER: The built in center speaker delivers enhanced dialogue so you won't miss a word.
- SUBWOOFER INCLUDED: Experience the intensity of action movies with the powerful bass coming from the included subwoofer.
- ADAPTIVE SOUND LITE: Enjoy optimized audio with enhanced voice clarity on all your favorite video content.
- DOLBY ATMOS / DTS:X - Theater-quality sound that fires from the front, side and above for true audio immersion.
- TRUE 3.1.2CH SOUND - The complete audio entertainment experience with 3 channels, 1 subwoofer and 2 up-firing channels.
- Q-SYMPHONY - Perfectly synchronized, fully immersive QLED TV and soundbar audio.
- SPACEFIT SOUND - Automatically calibrated sound and enhanced clarity to adapt to your space.
- WORKS WITH - Enjoy your Soundbar hands-free using voice control through your Alexa-enabled device.
One area where technology has had a particularly profound impact is in the realm of audio. Whether we’re talking about music, movies, or television, the quality and variety of sound options available to us now are simply mind-blowing.
Read: LG Dolby Atmos Sound Bar
One of the most popular ways to enhance your audio experience at home is with a soundbar. Soundbars are sleek, unobtrusive speaker systems that can greatly improve the sound quality of your TV, music, and movies. But if you’ve never owned a soundbar before, you might be wondering how to set it up for optimal results. In this article, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about choosing and setting up a soundbar, including how far to sit from the soundbar for the best possible experience.
Must Read: Samsung HW-Q800B Review
When it comes to choosing a soundbar, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind. First, consider the size of your room and the layout of your furniture. You’ll want to make sure the soundbar you choose is the appropriate size for the room, and that it will fit comfortably in the space you have available.
You’ll also want to think about what type of connectors you need. Most soundbars will come with either HDMI or optical audio inputs, but some may also have analog inputs as well. If you’re not sure which type of input your TV has, consult your TV’s manual or do a quick Google search.
- 820W Output power
- Built-in Dolby Atmos and DTS: X decoding
- With detachable, battery powered surround speakers you can enjoy real surround sound without the wires
- Experience deep bass with a 300W, 10" powered subwoofer
- Ultra HD 4K Pass-through with Dolby Vision
- Enjoy best-in-class 9.1.5-channel sound with six-channel wireless rear speakers with up-firing height channels and subwoofer included, featuring a center up-firing speaker for improved voice clarity and surround effects
- Dolby Atmos* and DTS:X** bring multidimensional sound to your room—including up-firing height channels to deliver powerful, moving audio that flows all around you, even overhead. Play IMAX content with IMAX Enhanced
- Meridian Horizon upmixes two-channel sound for more immersive listening. Newly designed speaker driver, chamber, and subwoofer improves sound pressure and bass quality
- Made to seamlessly enhance LG TV performance, control the sound bar with your LG TV remote. You can also easily control your sound bar by voice with Google Assistant or Alexa, through Airplay2, Chromecast, and more
- AI Room Calibration Pro optimizes sound in your room with spatial awareness technology, balancing audio settings to the environment. The sound bar works with your LG TV processor to automatically optimize sound quality
Once you’ve chosen the right soundbar for your needs, it’s time to start thinking about placement. The general rule of thumb is that the soundbar should be placed directly below the TV. However, this isn’t always possible or practical, so you may need to get creative with your placement. If your TV is mounted on the wall, for example, you might place the soundbar on a shelf below the TV or a table in front of the TV.
Must Read: Devialet Dione Soundbar Review
Wherever you end up placing your soundbar, just make sure it’s not too far away from the TV. The ideal distance between the two is around 3-6 feet. Any further away than that and you might start to notice a drop in sound quality. So if you can, try to keep your soundbar close to the TV for the best possible results.
How far away should you sit from a soundbar?
For the best surround sound experience, we recommend a 10 to 25 feet (3 to 8 meters) distance between the soundbar and your listening area.
We hope this article has helped you figure out how far to sit from the soundbar for the best possible experience. If you have any additional questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us. And be sure to check out our other articles for more tips and advice on all things audio.
Thanks for reading!