The Onkyo TX-RZ50 Receiver is the go-to system for those looking to create their perfect home theater experience. This receiver has been certified by THX, delivers unparalleled performance with up to 11 channels of processing and DIRAC Live® Room Correction technology that will allow you an even more immersive listening or viewing environment!
It has enough power to fill most rooms with sound and allow you to enjoy your music in perfect quality. The receiver comes with network capabilities, Bluetooth, AirPlay support, 4K @ 50/60 Hz UHD pass-through, 6 HDMI inputs, and 3 output. You can also use the front USB port for easy access to your digital music. It also supports the playback of high-resolution audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) via USB, DLNA, and streaming services such as Spotify.
Table of Contents
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Features
The TX-RZ50 is a fully loaded home theater system that will give you the best experience possible with all your favorite media. With three HDMI-out options, this receiver can deliver uncompressed high-definition video at 40 Gbps! No matter what kind of movie buff you are; TX-RZ50 has something for everyone in your family’s entertainment needs–and don’t forget about 4K HDR pass through as well if there are any gamers on their way over from Canada who want to play some games before dinner time!
Get ready to take your gaming experience up a notch with the latest HDMI 2.1 enhancements! With a 4K/120Hz HDR pass-through, you’ll be able to see every detail in perfect clarity as it happens on-screen – even if things get intense and start moving fast (which they always do).
Must Read: Onkyo TX-NR6100 review
VRR will eliminate lag so there’s no more waiting around for those moments where victory is near at hand; ALLM automatically low latency mode does its best work here ensuring that none of those precious seconds go missing due simply because something took too long during transport between source media and your screen. QFT also limits lag so you can enjoy fluid gameplay without any interruptions or stutters – it’s like playing on ruling planet Earth!
It features 9 channels of onboard amplification with 11 2nd generation processing technology that will deliver stunning sound quality in every playlist you play on your favorite devices!
Also Read: Onkyo TX-NR5100
DTS:X mode provides an immersive experience like never before with amazing sound and crisp visuals. IMAX Enhanced allows viewers unparalleled access to cinematic masterpieces without ever needing to leave their living room.
Why settle for less when you can have the best of the best entertainment experience?
- Speakers and amplifier combine to create an immersive sound experience
- You’ll be able to hear dialogue clearly with crisp, deep bass for a perfect out of the box experience
- Exciting features such as 11 channels of processing and THX Certification
- Comes with remote control for easy access to audio modes, volume controls, speaker setup, etc.
- DIRAC Live® Room Correction technology delivers an immersive experience
- Powerful sound for movies and games while still being tuned in the design facet
- Includes 4K support, so you get the best picture available
- Supports high-resolution audio, so you know your music sounds crisp and clear
- Allows for flexible connectivity options through WiFi or Bluetooth
- Comes with built-in tuners to enjoy FM radio stations
- Featuring quality construction that will last for years of perfect sound
- It can fill most rooms with sound and give you the ability to enjoy your music in high-quality
- Comes with network capabilities, Bluetooth, Airplay support, 4K @ 50/60 Hz UHD pass-through
- Supports high-resolution audio files (up to 192kHz/24-bit) via USB, DLNA, and streaming services such as Spotify
- Fully loaded with all your favorite high-end features!
- Connectivity is only a single click away and there is no need to spend hours looking through manuals.
- 4K HDR Pass-Through: Compared to other home theater systems this one lets you see every detail in amazing clarity–just like real life!
- Get an uncompressed, high definition video at 40 Gbps with 3 HDMI ports
- Play games in 4K HDR as well as movie and music content too!
- Connect any type of device to the receiver and enjoy everything on your TV screen–including smartphones and tablets
- With VRR, you won’t have to wait any longer for low latency when running immersive games
- Stay one step ahead of your competition with ALLM mode
- Get the perfect picture every time in vivid detail
- Enjoy incredibly fluid gameplay with QFT
- Get the killstreak you’ve been waiting for with lag-free action
- 9 channels of amplification for deep bass and crystal clear treble
- Experience immersive, dynamic sound quality with 11 2nd-generation processing technology
- Play your favorite playlist without distortion or interruption
- Stream your favorite music wirelessly from anywhere
- Works with a variety of streaming services such as Spotify, Google Chromecast built-in, and DTS Play-Fi
- Includes AirPlay 2 to stream content directly from your iPhone or iPad
- Get the best movie theater experience in your living room with IMAX Enhanced mode
- Enjoy an unparalleled level of depth and clarity without sacrificing richness or dynamics
- Connect to Google and Amazon Alexa SMART Home ecosystems for easy navigation
- Use voice commands to stream music, listen to the radio, and more without lifting a finger
|Power output (6 ohms, 1 kHz, 10% THD,1-ch driven)||250 Watt/Ch|
|Power output (8 ohms, 20 Hz–20 kHz, 0.08% THD, 2-ch driven)||120 Watt/Ch|
|Dynamic power (3 ohms, Front)||250 Watt|
|Dynamic power (4 ohms, Front)||220 Watt|
|Dynamic power (8 ohms, Front)||130 Watt|
|THD+N (Total Harmonic Distortion + Noise)||0.08% (20 Hz–20 kHz, half power)|
|Input sensitivity and impedance (Line)||200 mV rms/47 k-ohms|
|Input sensitivity and impedance (Phono MM)||3.5 mV rms/47 k-ohms|
|Rated RCA output level and impedance||1 V rms/470 ohms (Subwoofer pre-out) 200 mV rms/470 ohms (Zone 2/Zone B line-out)|
|Frequency response||5 Hz–100 kHz/+1 dB, -3 dB (Direct Mode)|
|Tone control||±10 dB, 20 Hz (Bass) ±10 dB, 20 kHz (Treble)|
|Signal-to-noise ratio||106 dB (Line, IHF-A) 80 dB (Phono, IHF-A)|
|Speaker impedance||4–16 ohms|
|FM||87.5 MHz–107.9 MHz|
|AM||530 kHz–1,710 kHz|
|FM/AM preset memory||40 stations|
|Power supply||AC 120 V~, 60 Hz|
|Power consumption (operating)||850 Watt|
|Power consumption (idle)||75 Watt|
|Power consumption (standby)||0.1 Watt|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||17.13 x 7.94 x 15.69 inch (43.5 x 20.15 x 39.8 cm)|
|Weight||14.0 kg (30.9 lbs)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||22.44 x 13.19 x 19.31 inch (57.0 x 33.5 x 49.0 cm)|
|Weight||17.0 kg (37.5 lbs)|
|AM loop antenna||✔|
|Indoor FM antenna||✔|
|Quick Start Guide||✔|
|Speaker setup microphone||✔|
|Two AAA (R03) batteries||✔|
|Works with Sonos||✔|
|Amazon Music HD||✔|
|TuneIn streaming services||✔|
|AccuReflex phase-matching solution for Atmos-enabled speakers||✔|
|Works with Alexa||✔|
|DIRAC Live Room Correction||✔|
The Onkyo TX-RZ50 A/V receiver is a great choice for those looking to upgrade their home theater system. With 9 channels of amplification, 11.2 channel processing, and 7.2.4 pre-outs the TX-RZ50 can accommodate any size installation with ease. It also includes THX® Certified Select Theater Reference Sound so you know your sound will be as good as it would have been in an actual commercial theatre!
Most importantly though, this receiver offers up to 8K60 playback through its HDMI 2.1 inputs meaning that no matter what resolution or format you are watching on your TV app, it will playback flawlessly without lag or stutter thanks to QFT (Quick Frame Transport) which limits latency and fast forward/rewind speeds. For those looking for a great, affordable upgrade to their home theater system look no further than the Onkyo TX-RZ50 A/V receiver! Check this 7.2 receiver Onkyo TX-NR777 from Onkyo.
Onkyo TX-RZ50 Frequently Asked Questions
Where can I download the manual?
You can download the manual from this link.
Does this receiver support Dolby Vision and/or HDR10+?
Yes, the TX-RZ50 can pass both Dolby Vision and HDR10+.
Is there a 9 channel version of the TX-RZ50 available?
No, unfortunately, Onkyo does not offer a 9 channel version of their receivers that will offer multi-zone functionality.
What is Chromecast built-in and how do I use it?
Chromecast built-in is an app that makes it easier for casting content. Using the app, you can cast your favorite apps to your TV without any additional Chromecast device needed.
Can I add a wireless subwoofer to this receiver?
Yes, Onkyo offers several wireless subwoofers that will work with this receiver.
Does this receiver have Bluetooth connectivity?
Yes, the TX-RZ50 offers both Bluetooth and Airplay 2 connectivity capabilities with up to 7 devices being able to be connected simultaneously via BT or Airplay 2 respectively.
Does this receiver work with an HDMI 2.1 compliant TV?
Yes, this model does work with an HDMI 2.1 compliant TV or monitor via one of its three HDMI 2.0a/h inputs/outputs either input can be used for 8K60 playback while multiple sources are used simultaneously on the other two ports only 4K120 is possible when two separate source feeds are being used instead. See disclaimer for more information regarding 8K60 playback.
What is QFT (Quick Frame Transport) and how does it help with lag/stutter?
QFT limits latency by speeding up the frame rate of video input allowing for faster refresh rates with less stuttering/lag when watching TV apps or movies. This is important as most TVs do not display 4K content at 60 fps which makes up the bulk of what is being watched now via streaming services like YouTube, Netflix, Amazon, etc…
Does this model offer an HDMI 2.1 output capable of 8K60 playback?
Yes, there are three HDMI inputs on this receiver that support 8K60 playback but only two can be used simultaneously to achieve this so two separate sources will need to be used. It should be noted that 8K60 playback is limited to PCM 2.0 due to bandwidth limitations of current TVs/monitors so users will lose the benefit of DD+ or TrueHD soundtracks when using this setup.